Our Al's dip is a family favorite. So much so it got a family name! I'm not sure how Al's dip became famous that way, but we are keeping it.
It is very easy to make:
Cube a two pound block of velveta. I know, it's crazy.
Brown a pound of hamburger and drain.
Melt the cheese in a large bowl in the microwave on medium for two minutes at a time. Mix it up at the end of each two minute stint. After it's all melted, add the hamburger. Another two minutes in the microwave makes it easy to mix.
Add your favorite salsa to taste. We use Pace medium, usually. Have plenty of corn chips on hand for this one- it's a party favorite as well!
BTW, the wife wants a crack at this as a guest poster- she wants a clear record about how I'm OCD. Look forward to that post!
-edit-
I recently made this for the new years party we attended- but it just wasn't tasting spicy enough for me. I found some habenero pepper hot sauce we had in the fridge and added that. It added a little more zing to the mixture.
-edit 2-
Most recently I used ground chuck, and it was that much better- the meat was more tender and delish. I am also toying around with other hot sauces you find at the grocery. So far I like the habenero mentioned above the best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment