Monday, August 23, 2010

Pico De Gallo

I made some Pico up today because I wasn't quite sure how ripe my peppers were- Had some tomatoes ready, and spices and peppers... just had to give it a try.

2-3 jalepenos, 1 beefsteak tomato, 1 roma, and a cherry. Added some chives, parsley, and a clove of garlic- add it to the top of my burrito- it was delicious. I would have done a white or yellow onion instead of the chives, but we didn't have any on hand. Turned out ok anyway. I might add a touch of olive oil too, but I'm trying to cut down on fat- didn't do it this time. Deborah tried it, she didn't like the the parsley so much. Again, not something I would add normally, just tried it.

3 comments:

  1. Dear OCD kitchen - I miss you. Love, Fan #438

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cilantro works well rather than parsley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, we didn't have cilantro in our herb garden- this year I think we will.

    ReplyDelete